20 trainees get sick eating its food

Unique Vocational Training Centre
At least 20 trainees of a vocational training centre at Ghoshbag of Ashulia were hospitalised for food poisoning after eating lunch and dinner provided by the centre on Monday.

They were admitted to the Centre for Woman and Child Health Care. One of the ill trainees, Sohag Dhali, of Munshiganj, died at the hospital. The other trainees claimed he died due to food poisoning, but hospital sources said Dhali died of a heart attack.

The remaining trainees were released from the hospital after they were given treatment.

Police said after having lunch provided by Unique Vocational Training Centre, the trainees began feeling sick. Afterwards they had dinner at the centre and their condition worsened.

Police said no case was filed. The training centre authorities could not be reached for comments.

thedailystar